I was one of the nearly 5 million people in Australia who hijacked the TV and took hold of the remote to watch the royal wedding live on Saturday night. Jason was grateful for Foxtel Go, his ipad and headphones and instead watched the Waratahs claim victory over the Highlanders.
I’m sure you’ve heard and read snippets of the what went down on Harry and Meghan’s big day. Of course we all loved the fairytale side of things but if you look closely there a few business lessons that could be learnt as well:
Break with Tradition
- Harry and Meghan broke with so many royal traditions for their wedding day – the walking down the aisle, the vows, the kiss, the cake, no maid of honour and who could forget the clergyman!
- what are you doing in your practice purely because that is what has traditionally been done?
- what processes haven’t been changed, modernised or improved for years?
Less is More
- Meghan’s makeup was simple, minimal and natural
- have you thought of working with less clients but more quality clients?
- have you thought of offering less services so that you can focus more on those services that are in your zone of genius and are more profitable and valued by your clients?
Do it Your Way
- Harry and Meghan’s wedding will be one for the history books because they chose to do things their own way and they successfully blended the old with the new
- What do you really want from your practice?
- What things are you doing in your practice now that are holding you back from achieving that?
- Are you following the ways and ideals of others instead of your own?
No doubt you started your practice or bought into your practice as you wanted more flexibility, more freedom and more money but for so many, that vision gets lost and before too long you’re back on that hamster wheel that you fled from.
If it’s good enough for the royals to break with tradition and embrace more contemporary ways, then it’s good enough for you too!
As always if you need someone to help you get back on track and to transform your practice you just need to send me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org. The clients that I am working with at the moment will definitely be marching to the beat of their own drum on 1 July this year. I am so proud at how they too are blending the old with the new and really questioning why they are doing what they are doing in so many areas of their practice!